Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Week 1

It is my goal this year to keep track of the amount of savings I earn. Each week I will post the deals I scored that week. I will also be posting a running total of my savings this year, just for fun. :)

Week 1:

Week 1 Deals. Photo is missing 1 bag of chicken. It happened to be part of last nights dinner. 
This week I was blessed with the oppotunity to make it to Springfield to shop at one of my favorite stores, Target!

Here is how my week broke down..


Price After Coupons

TARGET
3 Olay Soap  FREE
2 Target Brand Dryer sheets $0.35 each

Total: $0.68 (soap was a small money maker)

Walmart

4 Chicken Price comp $3.99 (I LOVE this deal) saves me at least $3-$4 a bag!
Bleach $0.48
Ducolax $1 MM (Money Maker!)
Rayovac Batteries FREE
2 Crest $0.25
2 Orab B $0.14
Cascade $0.72
2 Krabby Patties $0.25
Kisses $0.50
2 Bulbs $0.25
3 Stockings $0.24

Total: $19.04 ($15.96 for chicken + $3.08 misc)


So my Total Retail was...$58.98
Total After Savings .. $19.72
Total Saved.. $38.26

Year To Date Savings $38.26

Note: My totals will vary a little. For example the soap at Target was a slight money maker so my total after tax was $0.68. I couldn't find my receipt to know exactly how much tax was. Some totals will be before tax and some others. Will not make a significant difference in the big picture. Just wanted to inform any of you who might be checking my math. lol.

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh i love you lol... i am SO excited about this blog... after reading in fact, im gonna start couponing... i figure, im pretty much stat at home mom until we can figure out how to have a for sure babysitter if i get a job... so, we need to save as much as possible!! and, ive been working hard on creating a wonderful routine so i can get all my mom and wife duties done while taking care of kids and going to college, and i figure if i sit down once a week and coupon, that should be good enough right?? so excited!! you should totally make a post on how you coupon too, the sites you go to, the papers you read, and how you organize and sit down to do them.. the whole process.... your a good woman amanda! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ridiculously insane how much money you're saving! How in the world do you do it? I know, you're doing a class. :) Don't think I'll be able to make it though, because of Hubby's work. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete