Monday, January 23, 2012

Give Back & Pirate Pantry

Okay first an apology and warning to all my readers. Sorry for the lack of posts. College has started back up and kids have been sick. Just been busy. Now for the warning. I'm sitting here blogging with a temp of 101*, my head is stuffed up, body is cold then hot, and I'm all doped up on cold medicine. So hopefully when I awake in the morning this blog will make some type of sense. lol...

What Do We Do With All That Stuff and Giving Back

I'm a firm believer of giving back. If the Lord gives you a talent. Share it! This week my son Connor came home with a letter from school wanting parents to help support The Pirate Pantry. The Pirate Pantry is a backpack program that provides non perishable foods to families in need. Typically the bags of food are provided each Friday and before holiday breaks. 

This is such an amazing outreach and I see it bringing all kinds of positive results. As couponers we can help a lot with just a little. Why not donate a few of those items that you got for free or extremely cheap. Where as most shoppers give around $3 for a tube of toothpaste I know that at the very least I can get 12 tubes for that cost. 

The point is to give back. Help others and who better to help than children! 

If you would like to donate to the Pirate Pantry you can e-mail them at piratespantry@norwood.k12.mo.us. You are also welcome to contact myself and I will bring any donations up to them. 

If you aren't in our area find out if your local school has a similar program to donate to. 

Here are the items that they are in need of: 
  • Oatmeal Packets
  • Small Individual Serving Cereal Boxes
  • 100% Juice Boxes
  • Applesauce Cups
  • Canned Vegetable Soup
  • Canned vegetable soup
  • Snack Sized Potato Chips
  • Pudding Cups
  • Granola Bars
  • Snack Size Peanut Pkts
  • Crackers Peanut butter or cheese
  • Ramen Noodles
  • Easy Mac & Cheese
  • Hot Chocolate mix
  • Large Cereal Boxes 
  • Canned Beefaroni 
Hygiene  Items:
Provided Once Per Quarter
  • Soap
  • Shampoo
  • Deodorant
  • Toothpaste
  • Toothbrushes


No comments:

Post a Comment