Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Couponing Vs Hoarding

I often hear a lot of talk about couponers being hoarders. While this could be true it doesn't always have to be. Those of you who were able to come to my couponing class know that I keep a small but well stocked stockpile of things. These things are kept all in one location in a small closet. If you keep things all over the house, you are going to lose them. If you do not organize things according to expiration dates, you are going to waste them.

I do often purchase items that I do not need, due to the fact they were free or money makers. These products do not stay in my home long. I find others who can benefit from these products and bless them with them. I do not need a years supply of stool softeners, but someone who has stomach problems can really benefit from them. There is no use for me to clutter up my home with things I do not need.

Try to focus on things you do need and stock up on a few. You do not need to buy 1000 boxes of cereal even if it's free unless you plan to give it away. The trick is to supply your family for 3-6 months until the next sale cycle comes around. Products go on sale on the time. Buy extra so you never have to pay full price, but don't buy junk you don't need.

Like I said in the beginning. Make sure you have room for everything you purchase. It drives me crazy to see parents on the TLC Extreme Couponing that are using their children's bedrooms as storage. You can do a lot with a little space. You just have to get creative.

Happy Shopping and remember to bless others!

2 comments:

  1. I have limited space, but I like having certain things stockpiled, because you can't always rush out to the store to get something that you run out of. One thing we have made a small stockpile of (mostly by accident) is diapers! With little ones coming in and out of our home, we never know what size we're going to need! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Foster parents need a stockpile of many different items!! I keep a good stockpile of lots of items we need, and a few that we don't. It just drives me crazy to see people buying up tons of stuff they are never going to use and then it going bad.

    ReplyDelete