Friday, January 6, 2012

Shopping at Dollar General


How to get the best deals at Dollar General.

I love shopping at our local Dollar General stores. For one the managers and cashiers are always so friendly, two their prices are often much lower and three they accept coupons! Not only do they accept coupons I rarely have a problem using them like I do at a few larger stores. Sometimes at the larger stores the cashier looks at me like I'm wasting her time. This has never happened to me at Dollar General!

Here is a couple things to know about Dollar General's Coupon Policy.. 

  • They accept all manufacturer coupons.
  • They accept online printed coupons
  • They do NOT double any coupon
  • You may use any coupon with an their advertised sale prices
  • You may use coupons on clearance items
Also watch your receipt at Dollar General! There will often print a $5 coupon on the bottom of your receipt that is normally good for the following Saturday only. This is a great time to buy a bigger item. Also occasionally on your receipt will be a number for a survey. Take a couple minuets and call it in. It's real easy, you can win cool stuff, and it helps your local store.

Dollar General now offers online shopping. This is a handy feature for anyone who wants items in bulk or does not live near a Dollar General store.

Sale dates run Sunday to Sunday unlike most of our local stores that run with the News Journal Wednesday to Wednesday.


Stay tuned I will be posting Dollar Generals best deals of the week next.




3 comments:

  1. I think (if I remember correctly), you can also stack DG store coupons on top of manufacturer's coupons for the same item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes You can. I did it friday and got ALL laundry soap for a dollar, but you can only use one DG coupon per transaction and as many manufacturers coupons as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Holly. I thought you could, but I hadn't see too many great DG coupons lately.

    ReplyDelete