Thursday, February 2, 2012

Teaching Our Children To Save


My son Connor (10yo) was so excited when I picked him up from school today. He had been the big winner in the class's spelling game today and as a reward he received a COUPON for FREE Cheesy Bread from Domino's. I called it in and ordered it while we were at Walmart (coupon shopping of course).

When we went to pick it up I said "Okay, Go in and use your coupon." He looked at me half excited and half scared to death and said "What do I say?" We went over what he should do and he excitedly jumped out of the car, Giving me a big "thumbs up" as he got out. lol.

He did great. I of course was sitting directly in front of the store and could see him at ALL times. He got his cheesy bread and headed out. He got in the car and said. "Look I did it. I'm so proud of myself!" lol. He is easily amused, but honestly how many times do we just do things for our children when we should be teaching them and giving them opportunities to go out on their own. I didn't care a bit to go in and get it for him, but I felt it was his reward and he should be able to see it through.

Teach them now to save money on the things they want and you will be thankful later! By the way he ate almost the entire box by himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment