Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FREE Haircuts!


One way we save a lot of money is by doing the boys haircuts at home. This all started several years ago after many bad haircuts my husband insisted we buy a set of hair clippers and I do it. First let's understand that he is very picky. Second lets understand that I knew NOTHING about cutting hair. Still he was very much more confident about my abilities than I. Of course he did make me practice on our son first! :)

So now I cut my husband and both our boys hair. I can't tell you how much money I have saved with just one pair of clippers. Especially back when we were foster parents! The clippers I have are Wahl. They come with several attachments for different lengths. Watch for coupons for whichever brand you like best. I paid around $30 for my set. Depending on what you buy and the cost of haircuts in your area you can get your money back after just one haircut!

You don't have to be a hair expert or even know much of anything about hair cutting. It comes with insturctions and if you want more hair cutting tips, check out you tube for some great videos.

I always cut the boys hair pretty short, although this time I did cut it a little shorter than normal. It's hard to cut a wiggly 2 year old so when we cut it, we really cut it. lol It is buzzed pretty short, but you can even do long haircuts.

Here is my little man excited about his hair cut!

2 comments:

  1. That is a Sweet Picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always cut my boys' hair too, and my friend trims mine. Now that Blake is older, she cuts his too, because he's more into "style" and not a buzz cut. Hubby is the only one who actually goes to a salon! LOL

    ReplyDelete