Friday, July 13, 2012

Compare & Save Swiffer Wet Jet VS's O'Cedar Spray Mop

I recently made the switch from my Swiffer Wet Jet to a new O'Cedar Spray Mop. First let me say, I loved my Swiffer. I love how it cleans and I love the smell of their solutions. What I don't love.. the price.

Here's the breakdown..

First the Swiffer:
Here's the Cost:

Swiffer Mop:  $19.97 
Disposable Refill Pads: $12.97 for 24
Cleaning Solution: $9.42 for 2 Pack
4 AA Batteries: $3.77

Cleans very well. The bottles are NOT refillable. You have to use their cleaning products, which are good products, but expensive, All of the pads are disposable and pretty costly. 

So if you have to replace all of the disposable products every month (note they probably last a little longer than a month) you are looking at $26.16 every time you have to restock up. 

Just to make it fair we will throw in coupons: I occasionally get coupons for around $1 off Swiffer products. Only once did I get some for $2 off. So you might be able to save a few $$ if you stock up when you have coupons.

Still pretty expensive, but like I said before. It cleans well and I love it. 

Next the O'Cedar Spray Mop: 

Spray Mop: $19.98
WASHABLE Microfiber Pad Refill: $7.48 
OR Simi-Disposable Refills $6.98 10 Pack 

First you can use your own solution! You just simply refill the bottle that comes with the mop. I've even used my Homemade laundry Detergent. Cleans well and smells great! 

Also the pad that comes with the mop is WASHABLE! You can reuse it over and over again! I bought a second one just to have on hand if I'm busy washing mine. 

Even the disposable pads are semi-disposable. This means they can be washed up to three times before being tossed. So your pack of 10 is like a pack of 30. I love this because I still wanted the option of being able to throw away the pads for times when I'm moping around the toilet and such. 

There is no extra cost. Buy the mop, use whatever products you have. No need to buy refills until yours just wears out! Cleans just as well, if not better than my Swiffer. 

Hand's down my vote goes to the O'Cedar Mop. It's cleans better, is much cheaper, Better for the environment "Greener Product" and I never have to worry that I'm going to run out of supplies. 

So the next time you head to the store to pick up ANOTHER box of refills... It might be just as cheap and save you so much more money in the long run to pick up the new O'Cedar Mop.

2 comments: